A while back I was nominated by two sweet friends, Marie from Once Upon a Classroom: A Teacher's Tale and Diana from My Day in K for One Lovely Blog Award. I have been planning this post for a while but with the craziness of the end of the school year I was unable to get my act together until now.
I am so honored to be nominated for this award, well not me, but my little piece of cyberspace here and I can't wait to share my excitement with the blogging community! With summer giving me the time to actually sit and research, I tried to scour the web for the origin of this award out of mere curiosity. I couldn't find much information except that it is designed to be more of a way for bloggers to celebrate each other and pay it forward.
I find this so fitting since this aspect of blogging has quickly become my favorite; the ability to connect with teachers all around the world and find common ground. I've been inspired by so many teacher bloggers and love that with each new blog post I get to connect with new bloggers that I've never "met," before.
I've been pretty open on this little ol' blog of mine but I'm hoping to share some new facts about me before honoring a few more bloggers who are truly deserving of this award too!
1. I just finished my fourth year of teaching. Three have been in first grade and one year in second grade.
2. I graduated with a bachelors in Journalism from Penn State University (WE ARE!) and didn't originally think I would go into teaching.
3. I've secretly always wanted to be a teacher, probably since I saw my third grade teacher Mrs. Barrett writing in the most beautiful print with her yellow chalk on the chalkboard. Sound strange? I know, more on that in a different post!
4. I went back to graduate school at Duquesne University in Pittsburgh, PA and received my Masters in Elementary Education.
5. My husband and I just celebrated our three year wedding anniversary. His one regret from our wedding is that we didn't have our first dance to Jesse and the Ripper's Forever instead of using it as background music when we cut the cake. He's the biggest Full House fan I know and he makes me laugh every day.
6. I LOVE chick lit and I'm not ashamed to say it! My favorite chick lit authors are Jill Mansell, Paige Toon, Miranda Dickson, Ali McNamara, and Melissa Hill. Oh, did I mention that they're all British?! I am convinced I was born on the wrong continent and swear I'll get to visit England one day!
7. I also have no shame in admitting my reality TV game. I love the Bachelor/Bachelorette, Dancing with the Stars, Big Brother (tonight's the premiere!), Real Housewives of everywhere, and Ladies of London.
8. My husband and I bought our apartment two years ago and even though it's small, it's my favorite place to be.
9. I am the oldest with a younger brother and sister who are VERY different than me but are my best friends all the same.
10. My family had really bad luck with pets growing up, but I couldn't imagine living without my sweet dog Roger. He has quickly become the mascot for my classroom and this blog.
Thank you so much for stopping by and reading a little more about me! I nominate these wonderful and inspiring blogs for the One Lovely Blog Award:
Andrea from Always Kindergarten
Jessica from Pride and Primary
Jen from Positively Learning
Erin from Very Perry Classroom
Melinda from Tales of the Sassy Teacher
Erin from Kindergarten Dragons
Jackie from Neat Sweet and Hard to Beat
Leave a comment letting me know you accept the nomination =).